Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Hospitals and Pokemon

As a lot of people probably know by now I ended up in hospital a couple of weeks ago with a chest infection. It was pretty nasty, I'd only just recovered from the month-long Manifest plague and I get bronchitis!

Craig took me to the hospital because I was having trouble breathing, and we ended up waiting four hours till we could see a doctor which was four of the slowest, most horrible hours I've experienced in a long time. Eventually we got in and they put me on a drip and an inhaler with Ventolin. I also got an xray, an EKG and blood tests just to be on the safe side. Lucky me huh?

Regrowth and blood loss ftw!

It was pretty intense, we didn't get home till like 4am and I don't know if I've ever been so happy to be in my own bed, regardless of how much pain I was in. Craig was so amazing, looking after me even though he was tired and behind on his work, and doing everything he could while I was sick to keep up with my work too. He's the most amazing guy a girl could have, I'm dead serious.

Over the next week I spent most of the time in bed asleep, staring at the ceiling, playing Pokemon (I defeated the Elite Four and Team Plazma, yeah!) and watching anime when I could finally look at a laptop screen again without feeling nauseous. I watched the entire series of Gosick, it's seriously one of the best series I've seen in ages too, the story, the characters, the art style, everything was fantastic and engaging.
 

It was the first time I've had that much time off in a very long time, probably since last December-January. It was kind of nice, even with the coughing and constant fever, but for someone like me who's used to being super busy it was also really frustrating to waste so much time. Most of the time I schedule myself specific tasks for every day, busier days I sometimes even schedule my time in half hour blocks, so this 'bed rest' thing was a bit of a novelty/mixed blessing.

Thankfully it's clearing up, I'm still coughing my lungs up regularly but at least I can function again and that's the important thing. Tonight and tomorrow I'm hopefully finishing up a bunch or paperwork and admin stuff, then Thursday we'e getting painty and finishing painting the store! After that we just need to get a wallpaper guy in to do the feature wall and then it's just a matter of getting in all the shop fittings and decoration, which is seriously the funnest part of all of this. I've set the deadline to open by end of the month and that is exactly what's going to happen.

Thanks to everyone who's been sending me well wishes while I've been sick, it really meant a lot that you all care so much and I am bouncing back like crazy so expect lots of productivity in the next few weeks!

Hugs and love!!
Saccharine xxx

2 comments: